Something seems wrong, but I don't know what? (incl. how to clear cache)
We suggest to do these 3 things before you contact us:
1. Try to reload page
Use the circle arrow next to/in browser address window
2. Try to reload page while holding down the 'Shift' button (the one you use to get capital letters)
3. Delete browser data storage/ Cache. It is slightly different for different browsers. Below follows an explanation on how to do this for each browser: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
Step 1: Click on the Chrome menu icon seated towards the right end, besides the address bar.http://www.guidingtech.com/assets/postimages/2010/03/Chrome-Settings-Button.png
Step 2: Navigate to Tools -> Clear browsing data. If you love keyboard shortcuts you can use the Ctrl + Shift + Delete combination and ignore Step 1 and Step 2.
Step 3: A pop up (as shown below) will appear on your screen. Here, you can select, not just cache, but any browsing data that you wish to delete.
Step 4: Since we are concerned with browse cache, tick mark the option reading Empty the cache and uncheck all others. In order to clear cache completely we suggest that you select beginning of time from the drop down. Click on Clear browsing data when done.
- Click the menu button and choose Preferences.
- Select the Advanced panel.
- Click on the Network tab.
- In the Cached Web Content section, click Clear Now.
- Select "Preferences" from the Safari Menu
- Select the "Advanced" tab and check the "Show Develop menu in menu bar" box
- You will now have a "Develop" menu available. Select "Empty Caches" from the Develop Menu.
- Select Tools (via the Gear Icon) > Safety > Delete browsing history.... NOTE: You can also access this menu by holding Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.
- You will get a confirmation at the bottom of the window once it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies.
The above procedure for clearing cache and cookies should work for the majority of websites, but certain website and applications require a more thorough procedure. If you are still having issues, try to steps below.
- Note: The F12 developer tools in Internet Explorer 11 do not include a cache menu. This process will only work for IE10 or lower.
- Close out of Internet Options. Click on Tools and select Developer Tools.
- In the Developer Tools window, click on Cache and select Clear Browser Cache...
- Click Yes to confirm the clearing of the browser cache.
- Internet Explorer 7 (Win) - Clearing Cache and Cookies
- Internet Explorer 6 (Win) - Clearing Cache and Cookies
- Clearing Browser Cache and Cookies