Effective Date: 1.nov 2013
I. Information Collection and Use
What Information Does MAGIC Collect About Me and Why?
We collect very little personal information about our users, especially users of our free service. A list of the “Personal Information” MAGIC may collect, and why we collect it, follows:
- Your username, email address, and contact preferences.
This lets us create your account, provide you with convenient and personalized access to your account, and deliver and support the Service. This information also helps us communicate with you about your use of the Service, product announcements and software updates, as well as respond to your requests for assistance (including providing account verification support if you’re having difficultly accessing your account). In addition, we may use your Personal Information to send you marketing emails and special offers about the Service. For more information, please see the section below entitled, “Will MAGIC Send Me Emails?”
- For Guideline Administration Service users, transactional information such as your credit card number and billing address or your PayPal or Google Wallet account information. This lets us process your payments for Administration services.
- The geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an IP address or similar identifier), and the language you select when interacting with the MAGICapp service. We collect this information in order to help us deliver and support the Service, including by localizing your MAGICapp experience. It also helps us improve our understanding of how our users use the Service.
- The MAGICapp products and services you use and how you use them. This information helps us deliver and support the Service and respond to your requests for assistance. We also collect this information to improve our understanding of how our users use the Services. Part of this information will be used to inform the research in our MAGIC research program. We aim to publish as much useful information from this research program as possible through journal articles so that the rest of the world can benefit from our knowledge. Information used in research will include use patterns and user behaviors. All information used will be non-personally identifiable. See the MAGIC research program to get a full list of our research questions and information collected in the various projects.
- Any Content you add to your affiliated guidelines. We don’t use this information for any purpose other than to make sure it is available to you when you use the Service.
MAGICapp’s web site and applications (a feature soon to come) also collect and receive information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform within your account, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies. When you access MAGICapp via an MAGICapp Software application (a feature soon to come), that application will request access to certain information on your computing device.
Personal Data Collected by Third Parties
We may receive Personal Data about you from other sources like telephone or fax, from companies that provide our Products or services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website, companies that offer their products and/or services on our website, or companies that provide services (such as payment processing services) in connection with our website (“Partner Companies”). Our Partner Companies may supply us with Personal Data, such as your name and e-mail and mailing address information, in order to help us establish the account or fulfill orders.
Our provision of a link to any other website or location is for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such other website or location or its contents. When you click on such a link, you will leave our site and go to another site. During this process, a third party may collect Personal Data or Anonymous Data from you.
Will MAGICapp Send Me Emails?
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements, software updates and special offers. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business or research partners. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within MAGICapp email updates or by logging into your MAGICapp account.
II. Information Access and Disclosure
Does MAGIC Share My Personal Information or Content?
MAGIC is not in the business of selling or renting user information, and we only disclose personal and personal identifiable information when:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers who process data on our behalf and subject to strict data protection requirements.
- We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to fulfill your product or service requests.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service.
- We determine that the access, preservation or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of MAGICapp and our users or is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders or other legal process.
- We need to do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
Some applications that work with our Service may ask for permission to access your Content or other information about your account. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications, and your permissions, carefully.
Does MAGIC Review My Guidelines?
As a rule, MAGIC researchers or employees do not monitor or view your personal information or Content stored in the Service, but it may be viewed if we believe our Terms of Service have been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so in order to respond to your requests for user support, if you explicitly grant us access or we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in our Terms of Service. Your Guidelines also may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of MAGICapp and its users, or in order to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders or other legal process.
Does MAGIC Ever Make Any of My Personal Information or Content Public?
No. Note, however, that certain portions of the MAGICapp web sites and Service, such as Guidelines designated as “public” and our user forum, are open to any online viewer. Any information that you post in these locations can be read, collected and used by anyone and could enable others to send you unsolicited messages. You should carefully consider how you use the services. MAGIC is not responsible for any publication or use of any Personal Information you choose to post in these locations.
As MAGIC is a research project aiming to improve authoring, presentation, adaptation, dynamic updating, shared decision making and linked health data MAGICapp is an important source of information and we will use non-personally identifiable information to inform our research. We promise to do everything we can to make this information available to the rest of the world, and with that hopefully facilitate improvement in healthcare knowledge transfer globally.
III. Data Storage and Transfer
Where Is My Data Stored and Processed?
When you use MAGICapp online your content will be stored on our servers. When you use MAGICapp offline your content will be stored locally. When you synch your offline content with the online service, the offline Content will be replicated on our servers.
Please be aware that Personal Information and Content submitted to MAGICapp will be transferred to a Amazon Web Service data center. If you post information to the MAGICapp sites you are confirming your consent to such information, including Personal Information and Content being hosted and accessed through Amazon Web Services.
Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
How Can I Access or Correct Information MAGICapp Holds About Me?
Users who wish to (i) access any Personal Information that we hold about you; or (ii) request that we correct or delete the Personal Information that we hold about you; may do so by contacting us at legal AT MAGICapp DOT org. We will comply with such requests to the extent permitted or required by law.
How Secure Is My Data?
MAGIC is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Your MAGICapp password is protected by encryption, and only you have access to it, although as a part of our support services we have a possibility to change it for you. If you are affiliated with a Guideline Administration Service Account as an Administrator, the other Administrators of this account also has the possibility to change it for you. Please do not disclose your password to unauthorized people.
We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Content and Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Your personal information and data stored in our systems is protected by various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. It is hosted by Amazon Web Services and MAGICapp restricts network access to select trained staff. We regularly evaluate our technologies and potential risks to maintain the security and privacy of our users’ data.
Certain MAGICapp services support the use of standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
If MAGIC learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on our web site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
IV. Information Deletion
What Happens If I Want to Stop Using MAGICapp?
You can delete the Content on your personal sites and the content you have been given access to delete by an Administrator, at any time, and you can stop using MAGICapp at any time. If you delete information and material from a guideline it will no longer be accessible to you or others who may access the Service, but residual copies of your deleted Content may continue to exist on MAGICapp’s back-up and archiving systems due to the nature of those systems’ operations. If you cancel your account, the Content in your account will not be deleted unless you purposely delete that information.
What Happens If MAGIC Closes My Account?
If MAGIC closes your account due to a Terms of Service violation, then you may contact MAGIC to request deletion of your data, and MAGIC will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.